Wednesday, April 12, 2017

We Survived to Break...

We made it to spring break!  Wahoo!  When I say we limped to the finish line, we limped.  LIMPED!!!!





video


Georgia took a tour of the local police station with her Girl Scout Daisy troop last weekend.  She had a blast checking out all the neat gadgets.  I skipped the event since I was home with a sick baby...







I totally jinxed it in my last post when I mentioned that Grant had not yet had a sick visit.  Absolute 100% jinx.  My bad.  My fault.  Even Nick blamed me.  I barely hit PUBLISH on the post and the kid was horribly sick with 104+ fevers for an entire weekend.  First day off of breast milk and BAM... sick.  


Cuddling with bear



I got the call from daycare on Friday afternoon that he was running a slight fever.  By the time we made it home, it was over 103.  We made our first trek to the pediatrician for a sick visit on that Saturday morning to get checked out.  Luckily, our favorite PA was on duty and came rushing in to see one happy little guy who was not so happy to be examined and poked/prodded.  Diagnosis - virus/bug.  No strep.  No ear infection.  No cold/cough.  We spent the rest of the weekend wrestling with him to get Tylenol into his hot little body.  The peak was 104.4 on Saturday evening.  Sunday seemed to be the turn around and by Monday morning, he was almost back to normal.  


Not looking like a sick baby by Sunday afternoon

I stayed home with him on Monday and he returned to school on Tuesday. 




Just in time...

For Georgia to get sick and stay home with Nick on Wednesday!  She had a fever early in the morning and then was fine for the rest of the day with just a mild case of the sniffles.  Drama.  Drama.  Drama.  


Now that I look back, I can see it in her eyes in this picture the night before she spiked a fever. 

Did I mention that Grant begin teething again like crazy right around the same time?!?!  He was all sorts of drooling, snot, gnawing on us, etc.  The poor guy FINALLY got his first tooth this morning.  FINALLY.  He's been a miserable beast this past week, so we're thrilled to finally see it.


video


No teeth isn't slowing this guy down!  New favorite... tots!

We all officially made it Thursday and celebrated the fact that we officially made it to spring break!  Let the staycation begin...



No comments: