Thursday, June 23, 2016

Dance & Tball Finales...

Last week, we wrapped up both dance and tball.  Dance class has been ongoing since the fall on Thursday evenings and tball has taken up Friday nights and Saturday mornings during the fall and then again in the spring.  I don't know what we'll do with 3 days/nights given back to us!

First up... Georgia's big dance recital.  Nope, not a 1 day or 2 day event, but a 3 day event!  Day 1 involved individual and group pictures.  Day 2 was the big dress rehearsal and day 3 was the actual recital.  Mommy needed a drink after all that (I wish).  Apparently I'm not much of a "dance mom!"


My little ballerina


The most stressful part of 3 days of hair and make-up was definitely the bun... and the mascara!






Recital ready... minus the hot pink natives!


During her first recital back in February, I volunteered to be the "class Mom" and stayed backstage the entire time.  It was a tad stressful being in charge of a group of 3-5 year olds.  I used pregnancy as an excuse to not volunteer this time around.   I just stayed with Georgia before her group's routine (I don't quite trust that someone won't just start handing out peanut butter sandwiches to kids!) and then brought her to sit with us in the audience until the finale.  



Waiting to perform


Lining up for showtime


I hustled back to join Nick and Mimi in the audience so I could actually see Georgia dance in the show.  I made it back just in time for the big performance...







Loving the tulips that her Daddy bought her





Post-show with Mimi


Proud Daddy


Apparently Nick and I coordinated outfits?!?!


Just a few days later, we were wrapping up tball with our final practice/pizza party/parent vs kid scrimmage and game.  Thanks to Mimi, who found herself playing 3rd base during the parent game since I figured my OB would not be thrilled to hear that I was playing in a tball game and Nick was stuck in traffic.

Georgia has really lucked out and had another great coach (as well as assistant coaches/Dads) this year and some of the same kids from the fall season on her team.  If only they weren't called the Yankees!!  We're hoping to get drafted by the Red Sox in the fall!  Clarksburg baseball does a really nice job with organizing and it seems as if the whole town is truly involved with the league.  All the kids play.  Every game is a like a giant party with neighbors all out at the field and all the kids recognizing each other from school, the pool, the neighborhood, etc.  It's a very social event for the kids and parents.



Guess it's time to upgrade to some real cleats in the fall!



Who does this kid think she is with the backwards hat?!?!?





My little slugger











4U Yankees!




Thanks, Coach Keith!

No comments: