Sunday, December 20, 2015

December Favorites 2015...

I truly feel like this weekend is the calm before the true crazy storm of Christmas week.  Last weekend was go-go-go, so we enjoyed a little more down time this weekend and tried to enjoy our last full weekend at home before our trek north later this week.

Onto the December favorites...

1 - My favorite memes from this month...


Nothing more needs to be said!


Truth



2 - Fred the Elf is back in town!

As much as this little guy drives me batty (and causes a little anxiety when I realize we didn't move him in the middle of the night), Georgia LOVES waking up and running downstairs to find his new location every morning.


Hes baaaaaaaaaaaack!


Zip-line across the living room!


3 - Love Actually


My all-time favorite movie is on non-stop these days.  I just can't consider it Christmas until I've watched it from start to finish (much to Nick's "excitement").  I don't seem to be alone in my love for this classic as the photo below is now one of my most-like Instagram posts of all time!  There's something amazing about watching "Love Actually" late night with just the light of the Christmas tree glowing in the background.  The airport scene at the beginning gets me EVERY TIME!









4 - Sharing is Caring

A few weeks back, Georgia discovered one of my old teddy bears on her shelves.  Since she has approximately 10,989 stuffed animals, apparently he had gone undiscovered for quite some time.  I explained that the bear used to be mine when I was little.  She told me that maybe we could share him and he could rotate nights sleeping with each of us.  I didn't think anything of it until I went to bed later that night and found this guy sitting on my pillow waiting for me...





5  Scratch Ticket Disappointment

Last weekend, Georgia wasn't feeling too hot.  She had a fever that kept bouncing up to 103.  She was quite punchy and pretty funny, even with the fever.  She was pretty excited to receive a scratch ticket  (or "scratch money" as she calls it) in the mail from her Mimi in Massachusetts. She was determined to win the $10,000 prize advertised on the ticket.  Even the difference in her body language between the two videos really tells the story:

The before:


video



The after:

video





6 - My Little Reader

A few weeks back, I decided to grab a few Level 1/2 books from the book room and bring them home for Georgia.  She loves practicing her sight words from school, so I figured she could put them to good use.  She was so proud to "read" books from Mama's big kid school...






7 - Toy Building for Christmas

Nick decided late night to start building Georgia's "big" present from Santa this weekend... a giant ride on jeep.  Unfortunately, the directions appeared to be translated into English from a different language.  Sort of.  As Nick posted on Facebook, WHO THE HELL IS PAUL??!?!?!  The poor man was in the basement for hours trying to decipher the directions.






8 - Christmas TV 

I love the television schedule during the month of December... all great movies like "The Sound of Music" and "The Wizard of Oz" have been on, as well as the holiday classics like "Rudolph" and "Elf."  We've had so much fun watching all the specials together with Georgia this year!


Hanging out with my peeps!


9 - New Favorite Cookie

If you like chocolate chips cookies + sea salt + browned butter, go make this recipe RIGHT NOW!!!  We have a cookie exchange at school tomorrow, so I made these babies last night and there are definitely a few missing this morning (see meme about diabetes in #1).





10 - Winter Lights

We have a yearly tradition of putting on our pajamas and driving through the local Winter Lights Festival display at the nearby state park.  This year, they also gave out 3D glasses, which completely entertained Georgia.  We blasted the Christmas tunes and danced away in the car as we checked out the lights!











No comments: