Friday, October 30, 2015

October 2015 Favorites!

It's time for another monthly favorites post.  Without further adieu (because I've waited until almost the last day of the month!), my October favorites:

1 - This shirt
I seriously debated buying this for Georgia when I spotted in on Facebook the other day.  Halloween is amazing... until your child has a food allergy.  Candy seems to be EVERYWHERE at this time of the year and EVERYONE wants to be the sweet adult to give your kid candy... without asking their parent(s)!  

In fact, I may buy 5 of these shirts and put her in one every single day of the week...




2 - Selfie Success
Does anyone else out there struggle with the "selfie?"  For every "selfie" that Nick and I take together, we probably delete 9 out of 10.  No wonder Kim Kardashian apparently takes 1,000 selfies for every 1 that she posts.  Most of the time, we end up with 5 chins, so it's always nice to get one picture that looks decent...





We attended a beautiful wedding out at a vineyard in Virginia a few weeks back.  It was FREEZING, but the vineyard had the most beautiful view of the valley below, so we had to take some "prom" photos during cocktail hour...










3 - New pumpkin wreath
Our front steps are starting to look Halloween ready.  We had the pumpkins, hay, and mini scarecrow, but something still seemed to be missing.  I was walking through Kohls the other day when I spotted the cutest pumpkin wreath, which somehow managed to jump into my cart...



And only in the mid-Atlantic would our summer flowers still be going strong too!


4 - The colors of fall
We've had a fairly warm October so far here in Maryland with just a few colder days sprinkled in here and there.  I walked out onto the back deck to check out the weather before our weekly tball game and looked up to notice that the colors finally popped in our backyard trees...




5 - Facebook meme of the month
True story.  Georgia knows to go right to Daddy at birthday parties because I'm useless when it comes to the Capri sun...




6 - Halloween is for everyone!
I try to post this reminder every year to my social media sites.  As a pediatric SLP, I really do feel for all my kids who struggle with this holiday.  A lot of my students struggle with saying "trick or treat" or may have really poor word retrieval and have difficulty even getting the phrase out when in the moment.  As a food allergy mom, I also feel for all the kids (and parents) out there who deal with a holiday solely devoted to candy and food.




7 - Fun Fall Drinks!
We are lucky enough to live in a super fun neighborhood in terms of trick-or-treating, so we've been planning out our route once the  neighborhood parade finishes.  Most of the time, we pile the in wagons and go house-to-house for a few hours.  I've been "pinteresting" (is that an official verb yet???) and texting back and forth with the neighbors to help plan some fun drinks to accompany the kids in the wagon!  I'm thinking this might work...




See you in November...


No comments: