Thursday, September 24, 2015

September 2015 Favorites!

Again, another month just flew by in the Thoman House!  I went to write down the date today and realized that it was already the end of the month.  A few favorites from this month...

1 - Truth!
This one definitely hit home in our house.  A few friends posted in on FB last week, so I took a screenshot and knew I had to post about it at some point.  Even better, Melissa text me the same image a few days later.  Yup, definitely applies to a certain little someone in our house!






2 - Hello fall!
The thermometer outside still hits 70s/80s most afternoons in the DC area, but the early mornings are starting to feel like FALL!  Last week, I started pulling out some of my favorite sparkly pumpkins and decorating the house.  I jokingly tell people that I only decorate from September-December.  After that, I'm out of idea.



Our fall mantle

I may have "accidentally" swung by Home Goods last week and I certainly couldn't walk out without some new pumpkins, so the white ceramic pumpkin (which lights up and changes colors) and the pumpkin/wooden candlesticks somehow jumped into my cart!










From my Instagram account:





3 - My morning buddy!
I've posted before that KC is the only other "morning" person in the house.  Nick and Georgia both sleep in until the last possible minute, so I'm all alone most mornings.  But, I have KC.  From the second my alarm clock goes off, she is meowing and all over me.  While I shower, she sits on the bath mat watching me.  While I dry off, she howls at me and paws at the glass door until I step out.  When I start doing my make-up, she plops herself on the counter and attacks q-tips and cotton balls while purring away happily.  It's nice to be loved by SOMEONE in the mornings!





4 - Butterfly B
Georgia was SO proud to show me this butterfly outside of her classroom, Butterfly B, this week.  Her teacher wrote her up for "being good!"  I'm assuming she straightened out the books???






5 - Fancy LED outlet covers
Awhile back, I saved a link on Pinterest with these super cool LED outlet covers.  I finally remembered to send the link to Nick and he ordered a few for the house.  They're awesome - we put them in the kitchen, the upstairs hallway and in Georgia's bathroom.  They're bright, but only shine the light downwards, so they're not blinding when you walk past.  I love them!









6 - Healthy Household
For the first time in weeks, we are ALL healthy.  I'm knocking on wood because I'm sure it won't last long.  After a case of scarlet fever/strep throat for Georgia a few weeks ago, I managed to come down with strep last week.  Somehow Nick has missed out on the all fun so far, so I'm sure he's doomed for something soon!





7 - Home runs!
My absolute FAVORITE moment from this month was this past Saturday at Georgia's tball game.  I felt like death and even after 48+ hours on antibiotics, I still just wanted to curl up and stay home.  But, it was a gorgeous day, so I put on clothes for the first time in days and dragged myself over to the field.  I'm so glad I did because it was Georgia's home run game.  Every week, a different kid on her team gets to end the inning by hitting a "home run" (aka - they get to run all the bases at the end of the inning!). It's hysterical to watch since the kids only practice running to 1st and stopping.  Go Georgia Go!!








No comments: