Saturday, August 8, 2015

Enjoy Life S'mores Brownies...

Next up on our Enjoy Life baking mixes cooking trials... the brownie!  Who doesn't love a brownie?!?  

Introducing our new favorite brownie baking mix...





As I was getting ready to whip up a batch of brownies this afternoon, I started debating some mix-in options and decided to go with our family favorite.... s'mores!

First step, I added in the 2 tbsp of oil and the 3/4 cup of water that the back of the box recommended.  HOWEVER, I removed 2 tsp of water from my measuring cup and instead mixed in 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 1 tsp of almond extract to the batter.





I also grabbed a few extras from the pantry to help with our s'mores theme...




And then I got mixing...




As always, these mixes come together so quickly, which is a great bonus.  Of course, my favorite feature is that they are Georgia safe - no nuts and no dairy!

Next, I greased up an 8 x 8 glass baking dish and placed half of the batter in the bottom. 

Then, the real fun began... I added some crushed up graham crackers and mini-marshmallows!  I then layered on the remaining batter and topped everything with more grahams, marshmallows and some Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate mini chips!  Measurements?!?!  None... I just sprinkled and layered GENEROUSLY!





Even before I put it in the oven, I wanted to dive in! 





Luckily, we didn't have to wait long - 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven and we were good to go!




The house smelled amazing and Georgia was dying to get a forkful of these, so I cut her up a chunk and waited for her expert opinion.





The verdict????





Thumbs up!  

I then remembered that I had bought some safe dairy-free "cool whip" for Georgia, so I dug that out of the freezer and plopped a scoop of that on top.  The brownies are beyond rich and have a major chocolate factor.  I knew our little Cocoa Loco-aholic was going to love them.





Our final thoughts - these s'mores brownies were crazy good!!






Disclosure: We were provided the new Enjoy Life baking mixes in order to try the new products.  Our family's thoughts and opinions are always our own!







No comments: