Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What's Up Wednesday - June 2015...

I'm linking up with a few of my favorite bloggers to participate in What's Up Wednesday this week, which entails answering a few fun questions...

What we're eating this week...

In honor of Father's Day and the end of the school year, Nick and I devoured some tasty lobster on Sunday evening...




The next morning, Georgia and I were so excited to find some of our raspberries ready to pick and a whole bunch more look like they'll be ready later in the week.



 
What's I'm reminiscing about...

Nick and I's anniversary is next weekend, so I've been thinking a lot about 6 years ago in Boston...


 
And then our amazing few weeks in the South Pacific visiting Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora...





What I'm loving...

What is not to love about summer?!?  These long days are perfect for hanging out with friends at the pool, grilling on the deck, lazy mornings, etc.  I could go on-and-on about what I love about summer.  Best of all, I get to spend lots of time with these two crazy kids...







 
What we've been up to...

Why use words when I can just link Nick's latest video montage of us and our crew at the pool this past weekend.  We've been having so much fun with our GoPro camera (and the waterproof accessories!).  Thankfully Nick is a genius with editing all those hours down into a fun little video for us and our friends to share.




 
What I'm dreading...

It's only day #7 of summer vacation and I'm already in disbelief that a week went by so quickly.  My biggest dread... summer ending and going back to work full-time again in two months. 

However, the type A person that I am already bought my calendar for the next school year and I keep debating purchasing an Erin Condren life planner because I'm beyond obsessed!
 
What I'm working on...

Since summer always flies by, I've been doing my best to capture our daily adventures so we can look back and remember all the FUN we've had once we are back to work/school full-time in the fall...

Getting her 1st official library card on Day #1 of summer



Celebrating Father's Day with lobsters on Day #5 of summer

What I'm excited about...
 



I'm not too sure who told Georgia that it's summer break and that she should adjust her sleep schedule, but I appreciate it!!  That child has slept in until 8-8:30 almost everyday this week and I certainly am not complaining, especially when our neighbors talk about kids getting up at dawn daily.

 
What I'm watching/reading...

Nick and I have been binge watching the latest season of Orange is the New Black after Georgia goes to bed and we started the new season of True Detective this past weekend

My Tuesdays nights are still dedicated to The Bachelorette watch/neighborhood wine night, which we all agree has been a fabulous idea.  We also all agree that it's less about the tv show and more about getting together sans husbands and kids to snack, drink and gossip!




I just finished reading Andy Weir's The Martian, which Nick recommended to me after he listened to the audiobook in the car during his commute.  He loved it - space, NASA, engineering - totally up his nerd alley.  I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but the character (an astronaut who is accidentally left behind by his team on Mars) is very likeable and has a great sense of humor, especially given his situation.  It's being made into a movie starring Matt Damon and  I think the book will translate really well to the big screen!  The movie trailer looks amazing.



 
What I'm listening to...

Nick discovered the Spotify playlist "Sweet Home A'la Bar Songs" a few weeks back and anytime we are on the deck hanging out or grilling, we usually have that playlist blasting away.  Impromptu dance parties typically ensue!  Songs include:
  • Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
  • Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond)
  • Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay (Otis Redding)
  • Don't Stop Believin' (Journey)
A few of those songs will ALWAYS remind us of our wedding and dancing the Boston night away with family and friends!

 
What I'm wearing...

Unless it involves wet hair, flip flops and a bathing suit, there really hasn't been anything else in the rotation for about a week or so and I am perfectly fine with that situation!  Although, we are attending a luau party in a few weeks when we are on vacation, so I'll be off hunting down a fun shirt for Nick in the coming days. 
 
What I'm doing this weekend...

If the weather holds, we're looking forward to blueberry picking and a possible trip to a local petting farm with some neighborhood friends thanks to a Certifikid deal.

Since it's also our anniversary, Nick and I area going to try to sneak in a rare weekday movie date too.


What I'm looking forward to next month...

Disney World!!!  Georgia helped us count out the days on the calendar and we are officially under 50 days until the next big trip to visit Mickey.  Mimi and I have been conference calling to figure out tickets, dinner reservations, etc.

 
What else is new...

This weekend, we reinstated "Donuts with Daddy" on Father's Day morning.  I'm hoping to share our allergy friendly donut recipe later this week in the latest installment of Thoman Treats!







No comments: