Thursday, December 18, 2014

Gingerbread Shenanigans...

After Georgia's school sing-along and holiday party last week, we headed home to relax.  That lasted about 34 seconds until Georgia started BEGGING to make the gingerbread house kit that had been sitting on the counter for a few days.  It wasn't on my Friday night to-do list, but... tis the season to be jolly.

Last year, I was so excited to find an allergy safe gingerbread house kit online.  I think I spent my monthly salary to have it shipped to our house so that my kid could have fun constructing herself a candy concoction.  Honestly, the cost meant nothing to me since it was safe and Georgia could have a fun time constructing the house.  It was a win-win in my book.  This year, I wasn't even thinking about doing the whole gingerbread building experience again, but I was walking through the grocery store and spotted a kit that appeared (shockingly) safe.  After a quick check of the ingredients (and for half the price), we became a gingerbread construction crew once again! 

Let me clarify... by "crew," I mean that Georgia observed as I put the house together.  My usual and trusted construction foreman disappeared into the office to finish up some work before the weekend, so I had to become Chief Engineer on the project.  Not my forte.  I quickly realized that I apparently have a heavy hand when it comes to glue/frosting.  Luckily, we had a leftover can of bright red frosting from Cookie Bake in the fridge, so our house got a little colorful addition.  I may have sold the concept to Georgia as, "We have a red door on our house, so your gingerbread house should have a red door too!"  Nothing pleases my heart more than when she says, "That's a GREAT idea!" (vs the "NOOOOO!" I half expect to hear these days).  



Yup, that's red frosting on her chin!



Our safe little Wonka gingerbread house.... err... "cottage" kit!


I was in charge of the main construction and Georgia helped add all the candy onto the house/landscape.  As expected, she put about half the candy on the house and the other half into her belly!  Sidenote - the kid did not like NERDS!!!  Whose kid is this?!?!  NERDS rock!


Our little masterpiece.  Note the green doorbell that she had to add, just like the box!


At least it's colorful...



I love the random bananas everywhere!  Nothing says Christmas like some ripe bananas!!


And then my little bug wanted to take some selfies with me.  Who can deny that?!?






Only a Momma could love this little stinker face...



Ewwww...  a kiss????





No comments: