Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Goodbye Summer, Hello September!

I don't quite know how summer manages to do it every year, but somehow between the 4th of July and the humid days of August, it slowly slips away and September sneaks in like an uninvited party guest!  The days get shorter, the nights get colder, and all of a sudden, it's back to school/work and our long days of play and lounging by the pool are over.  Oh, September.  I love you, but hate you at the same time.  I love the thought of fall festivals and apple picking, but I already miss the pool and the late night summer walks when the sun just doesn't seem to want to quit.

We had a few busy weeks before August ended.  Without further adieu, our ode to the end of summer 2013...





With daycare closed for a professional work day, I got to experience a day with two active toddlers!   Bennett and Georgia got along great and I slept like a baby that night.





Mr Mike and Gretchen came to visit for the weekend.  He impressed "GA" with his juggling skills and now she keeps asking me to do it.  Ummmm.....





The neighbors bought a missile launcher off of Amazon.  You know where this is going...




Missile #1 - On the roof!














Where did my baby go?!?!  By late summer, I had myself a shopping buddy... purse included!




















The highlight of Georgia's summer was meeting Looch.  He is all she talks about these days.  We hear about Looch non-stop.  Even daycare asked me about Looch today.  "He licked me!"  "Looch ate a bone... two of them!"  "Papa gave him ice cream!"  On and on everyday all day.  In the car.  At the dinner table.  In the bathtub.  Etc.  That chocolate lab stole Georgia's heart!














September, here we come!




No comments: