Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch Changes - Part 2

Since June of 2011, I haven't seen a portion of our counter because it's been home to Georgia's bottle rack.  For a brief time last summer, I thought I had earned that counter back when we packed up the bottles and moved onto sippy cups.  However, bottles were quickly replaced with lots of bowls, spoons, every sippy cup ever manufactured, etc.  The newly earned counter space quickly went right back to Georgia and instead of an organized bottle rack it became a wobbly stack of plastic dinnerware and a mess of mismatched straws, lids, and bowls.  

So, in review, we moved into the house in April of 2011 and I was placed on hospital bed rest in mid-April.  In essence, I've never seen my counter!  That changed this weekend.  After a few HDTV episodes, Nick and I reclaimed our kitchen from purple plastic cups and bright yellow spoons.  They've been banished to the basement with the Dr. Brown bottles!

Counters... welcome to the house!













I know, I know... I'm a little too excited about counter space.  It's the small things in life.

The other thing I'm excited about is the purchase of a few new hooks for the garage.  It has, quite literally, changed my life.  For the past few months, it was an obstacle course to get from the car to the door to the house.  In the way... bikes, toys, bubbles, etc.  The area was a broken ankle just waiting to happen.  I looked at Nick this weekend and said that it had to change or I was throwing stuff out.  I hate unorganized messes and our garage was quickly disintegrating into a giant stack of toys precariously balancing on top of one another!  It also was quickly becoming an obstacle course just to park in the garage.  You know you have a problem when you start saying, "Just a little more... I haven't hit the bike yet!"  

Who knew I could have a crush on hooks from Home Depot?!?




Hello hooks!









One of the newest members of the garage crew includes the bike trailer.  I managed to score an amazing deal on Samsclub.com's auction website.  I happened to log onto the website (which Nick discovered this summer) and the trailer's auction was only minutes from ending.  I did a quick google search and realized it was about to sell for several hundred dollars cheaper than what it was listed for on Amazon.  A few bids later and I won!!  The only problem - it's gigantic.  It can hold two kids and up to 100lbs.  It's already come in handy and Georgia seems to really like it.

Our neighbor actually took the kids on the first ride after we finally figured out how to hook it up to my bike one afternoon.  It's definitely a work-out, especially going uphill.




video






It functioned great as a double stroller to get Georgia and Bennett to the playground!



Nick finally got to test it out this weekend, although Georgia refused to get in, so he had an easy ride!




Heading up the hill



I'm on a roll!  What else can we organize??!




No comments: