Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Rewind Week - Part 2

As I wrote in my last post, we actually got to have some fun in DC before my gallbladder rudely interrupted the party last week...


Georgia got to enjoy watching some new cartoons.  She declared that Superman was "hot!"  Nick is hoping that was because he had just emerged from fire and not because she was attracted to him!




Just taking a ride


On Sunday, we all headed downtown to visit the International Spy Museum.  Nick and I had previously been a few times and always enjoy our visit there.  Yes, it's one of the few museums in the city that is not free, but it's well worth the admission price.  The boys were psyched for the James Bond exhibit!



Spies in training!



Even though Georgia was too young to "understand" most of the spy museum, she liked interacting with the gadgets, watching the movie clips, and following around her cousins...









In good news, Uncle Andrew can official remove a nuclear device from exploding with only 15 seconds on the clock!  Nick showed him up by doing it one-handed while holding Georgia.



Checking out a film on the Bond villains



Nathan proved he can hang onto a building suspended for one whole minute!



Even though we were approaching naptime, we managed to sneak in a quick visit to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.  It's always one of my favorite museums and we figured Georgia would be entertained by all the animals.  That she was, as she gladly abused Auntie and pointed her from exhibit to exhibit shouting "Over there!"  




Heading to the museum




Hanging out with Auntie in the museum




Best attempt at a mother/daughter photo.  Obviously, someone was much more interested in the giant bear behind us!




Georgia loved this little space - she was the perfect size to disappear until her cousins found her!



When we got home, Andrew and Nick put together my anniversary present - my new bike!  Nick knew I really wanted a bike to putz around the neighborhood and go for rides with Georgia one day.  So, for our 4th anniversary, I became the owner of a cool new PINK bike!!





My new pink princess bike... complete with a basket!






Taking her out for a spin!




Gallbladder Update:
It's officially been one week since my surgery and everyday things are getting easier.  My hockey puck shaped bruise on my abdomen is turning a lovely shade of yellow/green/purple.  Thank goodness my bikini days are long behind me because no one needs to see this thing!  Finding a comfortable position to sleep when I first lay down is still challenging, but flipping/flopping isn't easy, so I make do with whatever position I can manage.  I went for my first walk around the block last night and survived.  Ironically, my lower back seems to hurt more than the incisions. From everything I've read, that seems to be the trapped gas from surgery still moving around my body.  By the end of the day, my lower back is sore and achy.  

I've driven a few times since surgery, but today was my longest outing.  I drove on the highway for the first time and didn't have any pain, although the seat belt doesn't hit in the most ideal place on my lower abdomen.  

My follow-up appointment with the surgeon isn't until next week, so I'm hoping to keep improving everyday and be back to almost normal by then!  






No comments: