Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Family Meal...

For Nick's birthday, Georgia and I took him out to dinner at Family Meal up in Frederick.  Nick and I are huge Volt fans and we hadn't tried Family Meal yet, so I figured we would try it out for his birthday.  And bonus... although Volt might not be "Georgia-friendly," Family Meal is certainly kid friendly.  I would say that there were kids at about 80% of the tables while we were there last night.

We've heard rave reviews about the fried chicken at Family Meal from everyone who has eaten there, so you know we had to try that!




Amazing!!


The fried chicken was beyond amazing!  We checked out quite a few tables on our way out and I would say a basket of chicken was on just about every table.  No wonder.  

We also ordered some other yummies for the table...




My pork shoulder BBQ sandwich.  The meat was good, but I wasn't a huge fan of the overall taste - too sweet for me.





Nick and I joke that we've tried mac-n-cheese in every Maryland restaurant!






Duck fat fried potatoes - delish!



I would definitely recommend the fried chicken and the fries - they were an amazing combo! We may have also tried a few of the "adult" beverages, which included "adult" milkshakes.  









Georgia loved our booth and had a blast just looking out the huge window and watching all the action in the restaurant....





Coloring with Daddy
























Giggles with Daddy




Nick swore he was too stuffed for dessert, but you can't turn down dessert on your birthday.  So, we split a mint chocolate chip brownie sundae.  The ice cream was awesome - very minty and obviously home-made in the restaurant...









Blowing out the candle








Happy birthday, Nick!!!









No comments: