Friday, May 3, 2013

A Bubble Guppies Party...

As I debated a "theme" for Georgia's 2nd birthday party, I came to the realization that there really was only one way to go.... Bubble Guppies!!  What else?!?!  She is still obsessed with the little friends under the sea.  A close second place would have been her favorite movie... "Finding Nemo."  So, under the sea we went with the party theme...

Unfortunately, you can't just pick up Bubble Guppies merchandise at your local Party City.  So, off to Etsy, I go!  Thank goodness there are creative people out there.  A huge thank you to Jennifer (PartyBees) & Krissy (WoodsDesignStudio) for their designs.





Our party hats...  The gift that keeps on giving - Georgia is still playing with them!





Swedish fish party favors




Drink station with Georgia's personalized Bubble Guppies water bottles... and sangria!




Party hats and Georgia's favorite snacks - Teddy Grahams, Oreos, Pop Chips, and Terra chips!





And the unplanned.... Georgia's highchair even matched the decor

















Our Nemo fish friends!







And, of course, the food...  A few people have asked about some of the recipes from the day, so here are a few of the recipes I used:

* Buffalo chicken dip
* Grape jelly meatballs
* Individual 7 layer dip cups
* Red pepper cucumber cups
* Pineapple breeze
* Strawberry lemon sangria



Cucumber cups and individual layer dips





Fruit, veggies, and meat/cheese



I am BEYOND excited to say that I managed to find allergy friendly dessert options that Georgia could eat that also looked pretty and tasted fabulous (at least, in my opinion).  Thank goodness for food bloggers who share their ideas and recipes.  When your child has food allergies, you spend countless hours reading and reviewing recipes and being thankful when you find something that your child can eat.  Having a birthday cake is such a part of our "birthday experience," so being able to make a cake that Georgia... and her guests... could eat was huge!





Georgia's chocolate birthday cake with vanilla frosting


Kate and I did a trial run on the cake recipe about a month ago.  We decided that the recipe was a tad "too minty" for the party, since not everyone might be huge mint fans (personally, I loved the mint flavor!).  So, I just adapted the recipe and left out the peppermint extract.  It still tasted awesome!  I may have had a 2nd slice the next night.

I also know that lots of people aren't "cake" fans, but might want something a tad smaller to nibble on, so I also tried out a red velvet cake recipe that I adapted into cupcakes, which I thought turned out pretty well too.






Georgia even shared her cupcakes with her daycare friends on Monday at school!








No comments: