Monday, April 15, 2013

From Runner's High to Runner's Low...

I'll get back to the White House later this week, but right now my mind and heart is in Boston.  My beloved Boston.  The city I called home... and still consider home... on tv for all the wrong reasons.  I lived on Boylston Street in the early 2000's while I attended graduate school at Boston University.  Viewing those familiar sights on television all day today was heart-breaking. 

Just this past weekend, I ran in my own little race here in the neighborhood.  I had a great run and was thrilled that I finished the 5K in 28:28.  I had the best cheerleaders rooting me on with a fabulous "Go Mama!" sign.  The timing is not lost on me - growing up in Massachusetts, you always think about running the Boston Marathon one day and the thought has crossed my mind once or twice, especially after a great run this weekend.  However, everyone also knows that I love to hate running.  It's a complete love/hate relationship for me.  I think for right now, I'll stick to my little neighborhood run...










Celebrating my run with my favorite cheerleader!


Prayers for Boston tonight...