Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Quick Trip...

After some scheming with Melissa and Lisa, I decided to sneak home to Massachusetts for the weekend to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday with our family.  Of course, it's never a February trip to New England without a little snow.  Luckily, I arrived home on Saturday morning with no drama.  Melissa grabbed me at the airport and we got to enjoy some quality shopping time before the big party.  

It definitely took my Mom a few extra seconds to realize that I was standing in Lisa's kitchen with the rest of the family when she arrived to the party.  Of course, I predicted her next thought - "Is Georgia here?"  Unfortunately, Georgia didn't make the 24 hour trip and was home in Maryland with Daddy.  So we had to party without her...



"Susie's cake"








My oldest godson is almost taller than me!!!!  AHHHHHH.




The birthday girl!




Debbie & Mom




Party favors





Gift for Mimi from Georgia




Opening presents





Scratch tickets!!




Hugs for favorite nieces




New bling




The sisters




Surprising my Mommy!!




Cake time




Blowing out the candles with a little help from Matthew







Mom is not the only one celebrating a BIG birthday this year... Lisa and Melissa both have BIG birthdays that end in a zero this year too (shhhh... I'm not naming numbers!!)...



The 2013 birthday girls


As always, celebrating with my family is always a great time.

On Sunday morning, we awoke to a layer of snow on the ground and a prediction for lots more to come in the next 24 hours.  I made a quick decision to call the airline and change my 5pm flight reservation to the 11am flight.  Thank goodness I made that decision since I later learned that my original flight was cancelled!  I made it home safely and it was a great 24 hour trip home.

Happy 60th, Mom!!




1 comment: