Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thirsty?

So as of noon today, Miss Georgia got her first taste of breast milk. By taste, I mean it went into her belly via the new tube that runs from her nose down to her belly. This tube is called a nasogastric tube or NG. She got 3 cc of the very first milk that I ever pumped. It was thawed out this morning. Hopefully she'll tolerate that, poop, and she can get some more.

We first learned of the NG tube when we called in this morning. Apparently the surgical team was satisfied enough with yesterday's X-rays to give this a shot. The nurse didn't think that the NICU team was going to accept those recommendations during rounds, but by the time I got here, the milk was thawing!

It's been two hours and she hasn't spit it back up, so fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Georgia! I never in my life prayed this much for POOP! Keep thinking of all of you and hoping for the best news soon...

Etty