Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy 1 Week Birthday, Georgia!!

I cannot believe that Georgia is one week old today. What a week! The week has both flown by and crawled at the same time. We have so much to be grateful for and we are aware of how lucky we are that this past week has gone so well. Georgia has proven to be a fighter every step of the way.

Before coming to the hospital this morning, I had my own follow-up appointment. I wasn't looking forward to my staples being removed, but it wasn't so bad. They weren't too pleased with my blood pressure at first, but luckily I'm just a big scaredy cat because it went back to normal once the staples were out. Apparently my incision looks great and is healing perfectly (not that I looked!!). The worst part is not being able to drive for several more weeks. I was told my gigantic cankles are normal, which was nice to hear. Apparently all those iv fluids that I got for weeks is still working its way out of my body.

Georgia had another great night. The only minor issue was that her bilirubin levels increased slightly again, so she has to spend the day in her isolette. It's killing me not to hold her today. But we really want these levels to go down. They were 10 at midnight and down to 9.2 at noon, so the lights are working. Nick asked the nurse what the "oh crap" level is and she said 20. We're aiming for a level 7. So she is staying under her glamour lights for the day.

1 comment:

Sherrie Feffer-Thoman said...

Happy 1st week birthday Georgia!

Love,
Auntie Sherrie & Uncle Ken