Saturday, April 23, 2011

Totally Freaked Out...

So Baby Girl is really giving us a run for our money...

This morning she was having a good strip, but the nurse was concerned because it was also showing that I was having contractions. I didn't feel them, but I guess the rule is that if there are more than 4 contractions in an hour, they have to call the doctor.

I frantically called Nick, who had slept at home last night. 

The first step was that they turned the monitor away from me because I was freaking out and became a nervous wreck watching the monitor obsessively waiting to see if another contraction showed up.

So, we got to meet the doctor on call - Dr. Footer (slightly concerned that he's Dr. FOOTer and were the TOE-mans!).  He looked like Santa, which is reassuring to me!  He said he wasn't too concerned, but they would monitor me today to make sure the contractions didn't increase.  For right now, I'm off the monitor for a little while and finally enjoying breakfast (at 11:45am). 

Just trying our hardest to get to our next mini-goal ---- Easter tomorrow!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell her she can see the Easter Bunny NEXT year, no need to rush out for him now...this is Liisa, I don't seem to have the correct creds to post to this blog, so I am going with anon...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted, Jenn. Remembering you in thoughts and prayers! Hugs, The Emersons

Anonymous said...

Tell her that the easter egg hunt is not till next year. I can wait to see her in her easter bonnet in 2012!
Mary Grace XXOO