Friday, April 22, 2011

My New Home

So far, so good today.  Baby Girl had decent strips late last night (I think I slept through most of it) and again this morning.  There's never a dull moment in the hospital.  I was woken up by my perinatologist this morning with a "You are not supposed to be here yet."  No sh*&!  It was the first time I had seen him since my arrival here, so we chatted.  He said he was able to talk to the surgeons at Children's and they are confident that the surgery will go well.  It's nice to hear from your doctor, "You and the baby are going to be fine." 

SIDEBAR - If there are any "Top Chef" fans out there, I swear my perinatologist is Tom Colicchio's long last twin!

I passed some time yesterday watching the first few episodes of "Dexter" on Netflix.  Creepy, weird, but good.  So many people have recommended the show to me, so I figured now was the time to check it out.  Thumbs down to Holy Cross Hospital for blocking Netflix.  Thankfully, I was able to pull it up on the ipad.

I figured people were probably starting to get curious about my surroundings here in my room, so I thought I'd give everyone a little photo tour of my new home away from home...


My usual view

My "Get Well Soon" card and artwork from my godsons, Nathan & Matthew

My new arch-enemy/best friend, the fetal monitor

The magic curtain to the outside world!  I don't get out much these days.

The guest bedroom

My official countdown calender


Nick's new ACAS Silver Spring office location


I have so many people to thank for all the wonderful flowers that have been sent.   The nurses and doctors refer to my room as "the flower shop."  I apologize that thank you notes may be greatly delayed!!!



Flowers from Melissa, Andrew, Matthew & Nathan Brodeur


Flowers from Jan & Bruce


Flowers & balloon from David & Susan Wilkus



Flowers from Susan, Malon & Adrienne


Flowers from my Aunt Pat & Aunt Elaine


Flowers from my co-workers, Etty & Janet


My guardian angel from Debbie Collamore


There are so many more people to thank who have sent in magazines, books, lotions/creams, etc.  I've received gift cards so that I can download movies and music.  The outreach and support have been amazing.  Just last night in the span of 30 minutes, I received 8 different email messages and facebook messages that just reduced me to tears of gratitude.  I cannot imagine going through this alone, so hearing from old friends, family, loved ones, etc. makes everyday a bit easier.  The messages are always so positive and full of loving support!  I'm eternally grateful to everyone for their love, support and prayers!!!!

1 comment:

Sherrie Feffer-Thoman said...

I think your room could use an interior decorator! this is not up to your standards! ;) And Nick's bedroom is lacking some pizzaz.

You have many many people thinking of you and sending you long distance prayers and love.
XOXO