Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Miscommunication...

So the early theme of the day is miscommunication.  I know, shocking!  So I was woken up bright and early so that we could begin the 3 hour gestational diabetes test.  A tech came in shortly after I woke up and took my blood so they could get the baseline reading.  They wanted to start early since I can't eat/drink anything until the whole thing is over.  So, they figured if I started at that hour, I would be able to eat by mid-morning.  Of course, things don't always go as planned.

Around 9am, the nurses came to tell me that they still didn't have the blood results back yet.  Apparently they have gone "missing."  Super!  So, instead of starting nice and early, they had to send yet another tech up to take my baseline reading again.  The best part of this whole thing is they just need my baseline number, which we have because I also received another finger stick this morning.  Apparently they can't use that number and need the number from the blood draw.  Kill me!

So, I had three nurses, a tech and a few other folks all in here arguing over who screwed up.  Was the order placed wrong?  Did they lose my blood?  Etc.  The best part was when the new tech asked me if I was sure my blood was taken this morning.  I'm sorry, I'm in here for a pregnancy issue NOT a mental issue (although one may be developing the longer I stay here!).  Yes, I'm certain my blood was taken.  Do you think I'm wearing this gauze and tape on the inside of my elbow for fun?!!?  He didn't seem to enjoy my sarcastic response as much as I did (and the snickering nurses). 

I talked to Nick and he mentioned that he might just work from the hospital today.  I'm fairly certain this is for the protection of the staff so I don't hurt anyone today!!!  Hangry (hungry + angry)  Jenn is not a good thing.

By the way, could someone inform the cafeteria that I'm not allowed any food/drink until this test is over because they've called 3x wanting to know my breakfast order. 

I keep searching my room for the candid camera, but I can't seem to find it!!

6 comments:

KC said...

Just keep telling yourself..."I am not the one who is crazy here...!" xoxo

Susan said...

Thank you for making me laugh. You definitely missed your calling to be a writer. I bet that other patients going through the same thing would love to read your blog.
Love,
Mom

mb said...

I told you someone broke that sucker and whoever it was is gone for the day leaving everyone to argue about who dropped the ball! HANGRY- must run in the family :)

Buddy is a Cat said...

Can you somehow make millions by turning this into a reality TV show?

Jenn said...

Trust me, Ray, if we could make a buck or two out of this, I would love it!!!

Buddy is a Cat said...

I can't believe you deciphered my pen name.