Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Sunday!

What a difference a year makes.  Last spring break, we were on a Caribbean cruise trying to squeeze in as many dives as we could over the course of the week as we hit different islands.



Diving in St Lucia

Diving in St Lucia



We knew those dives might be some of our last for awhile since we already intended to come home, list Nick's condo on the market, find/build a bigger house, and start our family.


Well, here we are one year later with our daughter trying to make a grand rush entrance into the world.  I know I'm always early, but this is a tad ridiculous.  We're going to have to have a little chat about what is socially acceptable for "early."  Apparently she is not familiar with the term fashionably late?!?


After an adventurous start on the monitors yesterday, we had a fairly quiet day. Unfortunately, because of her earlier antics, I was tied to the machines until after 8pm last night.  But, she kept her heart rate fairly steady throughout the day so we were both released on good behavior (aka - we got to sleep for a good chunk of the night without monitoring).  Back up at 5am for more monitoring!  So far she played nice this morning on the monitors, so I've been released from monitoring for the next 8 hours.

 
My new mini goal is to make it thru the rest of the weekend.  We've been told that one of the surgeons from Chidren's Hospital will be here on Monday.  We'd love to get a chance to talk to her about the atresia repair surgery before the little peanut arrives.   Obviously we didn't make it to our scheduled appt at Children's last week.


One last note - I may never eat egg salad again after this hospital stay.  For some reason, the folks in the cafeteria love to send me egg salad...at all hours! Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge egg salad fan, but not for my 10pm snack.  I understand I'm on a gestational diabetes diet for right now, but I'm thinking the baby would much prefer some Ben & Jerry's.  Don't we want to fatten her up before her arrival?

1 comment:

Elaine said...

So glad to hear that the princess aka (DQ) is staying strong and giving you a break from the monitor. We are always thinking of you & Nick and praying for the three of you.
Uncle Ray showed me how to answer a blog, all new to me. If it's wrong blame him.