Friday, April 15, 2011

From Poly to Oli

It's been a fairly boring 24 hours here in the hospital, thankfully! 

Yesterday morning I was sent for an updated sonogram.  Up until this point, I had been labeled as polyhdramnios:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyhydramnios

Basically, I had way TOO much amniotic fluid.

Unfortunately, baby girl has lost her swimming pool.  Thanks to my water breaking, I'm now considered Oligohydramnios. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oligohydramnios

As you may have guessed, this is a very low fluid rate.  Apparently, babies can survive for several weeks in very low fluid pockets, so we're hoping for the best.  I'm helping as much as I can by chugging water all day long (apparently chugging sangria is not acceptable!).  The weirdest part for me is how much smaller my belly has gotten.  I look much less pregnant these days.  I guess that is what happens when you lose that much fluid that quickly.

Still no signs of active labor (aka - no contractions).  I haven't spiked a fever, which is fantastic.  If I did, they would want to remove the baby immediately.

We're trying to take everything one day at a time.  As of this weekend, I'll be officially 28 weeks pregnant.  Every day counts, so we're aiming to get thru today and into the weekend.  My dream fantasy is to make it to 34 weeks!!!!

No comments: