Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day by Day...

We continue to LOVE boring days and nights at the hospital!


Yesterday was a fantastic day since I got to shower for the first time since Tuesday.  The nurse allowed me 5 minutes of freedom from my iv.  Luckily my mom was here at the time.  I think between the two of us we managed to get me scrubbed down in record time.  I can't even begin to describe how wonderful I felt afterwards - just to feel normal and smell like me and not the hospital!


I also managed to survive a change of placement for my iv.  I was distracted at the time by my mom and Nick's Aunt Susan.  I'm a little bit of a wuss when it comes to the iv.  Take my blood anytime, but please don't put a needle in my hand and leave it there for several days!


Since my mom was here most of the day, Nick was able to escape for a bit and head home to do some work, catch up on sleep, and get a few little projects done around the house. Thankfully, Bruce has been doing a wonderful job as our new house manager - he got up some blinds, a ceiling fan, etc.  Apparently KC is quite curious about our new unexpected house guests so she follows Bruce and my mom all around the house when they are home. What a good little guard kitten!


Baby Girl had a great day on the heart monitors yesterday and impressed the nurses with her strong heartbeat.  Bruce thinks she is running a marathon in there with the numbers she is constantly producing on the screen.


I seem to be managing my newfound "diabetic" status quite well.  All of my blood sugars have been coming back well within the average range.  My doctor said that hopefully they can administer the 3 hour test sometime soon while I am here.  I would love to pass that and get to eat some normal hospital food (not that I'm not enjoying my sugar-free Popsicles at every meal!).  Sadly, I'm getting used to having my poor fingers pricked for blood draws every two hours after meals.


We made our first mini-goal.... We made it to Saturday and week #28!!!!!!  Baby steps...


Again, a huge thank you to all our friends and family for all the wonderful phone calls, messages, texts, flowers, emails, visits, etc.  It definitely makes the time pass much faster each and everyday.  A huge thanks to my mom and Bruce who are taking great care of me, Nick, and all the new house issues.

1 comment:

Sherrie Feffer-Thoman said...

Who would think something as simple as a shower would be blog worthy? Insane!!

I'm glad you have your Mom and Bruce there w/you. KC is in good company.

28 weeks...stay put DQ...stay put.

Hang in there Jenn....

xoxo