Sunday, November 7, 2010

How much do construction boots cost?

Since we were in the neighborhood we decided to swing by the lot this weekend.  I don't know what we were expecting since we knew they hadn't started anything yet.  Maybe we were hoping they just forgot to tell us that they started?!?  Instead, we got a bulldozer.




That's a good sign, right???  The lot has definitely been cleaned up and leveled off since we last saw it.  We're taking that as a sign of progress.

Speaking of progress... This new house literally went up in 1-2 weeks.  I have a massive case of window envy on that new Michael Harris house being built one street over from our lot.  Still for sale if anyone is interested!




In other news, I may need to buy some construction boots this winter.  My flats didn't do too well with walking around our muddy lot.  Actually, that's an understatement.  They didn't make it one step.




I took one step onto our lot and immediately sunk up to my ankles.  Uh-oh.

Raise your hand if you have the best husband in the world.  I do!


Nick cleaning off my shoes while I hopped around on the concrete sidewalk slab.



All clean!

I might not have a new house yet, but I see some new shoes in my future!

1 comment:

Salvatore Aguilar said...

For me, building a new house is one of the most exciting parts of having a family. In 1985, my wife and I decided to build our house. We always visited the site, too, even though we knew that the construction wasn't going to start yet. Looks like you have a nice and peaceful neighborhood here. How's the house today?

Salvatore Aguilar